The Leadership Orange Program is currently paused. If you would like to be on a interest list for future sessions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 25 years, the Leadership Orange program has cultivated civic and community leaders within the City of Orange and beyond. Alumni include elected officials, successful business owners, and celebrated public leaders.
Accepted participants are exposed to community leaders who are intimately involved with shaping the City of Orange and will learn the inner-workings of what makes this one of the greatest cities in the world.
Sessions cover local government and the history of Orange, public safety, health and human services, education and transportation. Each session will give participants the opportunity to build their networks with other vibrant leaders committed to learning more about their community.
- Educate participants about a wide range of community needs and issues.
- Provide training in leadership and management skills.
- Prepare class members to take an active, informed role in community-oriented, decision-making positions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the time commitment?
Leadership Orange consists of six all-day sessions over a three month period. While we ask that participants make a point to attend all sessions, we understand that things happen. There may be an opportunity to make up the time at another point during the year.
How many participants are accepted into each class?
Currently, Leadership Orange is accepting 15-20 participants in its spring 2020 class. Applications will be evaluated by the steering committee to ensure we have the best and brightest representatives from all industries within the City of Orange.
Is there a program fee? What does it cover?
Yes. There is a program fee of $995 to participate in the Leadership Orange program. This fee covers six full day sessions at exclusive locations throughout the City of Orange, all guest speakers, and breakfast and lunch for each day. Scholarships may be available, please contact us for more information.
Can I pay by check?
Absolutely. Please make your checks payable to the Orange Chamber of Commerce and submit along with your completed application form.
Are there any notable graduates of Leadership Orange?
Yes! Leadership Orange graduates work in virtually every sector and are involved in a variety of activities, and include the individuals listed below. View the full list.
- Chief Tom Kisela, Orange Police Department, Class of 2009
- Kathy Moffat, Orange Unified School District, Class of 1997
- Chip Monaco, Orange City Council, Class of 2007
- Kimberlee Nichols, Orange City Council, Class of 2001
- Jack Raubolt, Chapman University, Class of 2017
- Brian Rauso, Greek Cheek Beer Co., Class of 2007
- Doug Willits, Seven Gables Real Estate, Class of 2010