Applications for the Spring 2024 session are now being accepted!
For thirty-two years, the Orange Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Orange Program has cultivated civic and community leaders within the City of Orange and beyond.
Sessions cover the History of Orange, City Government, Public Safety, Health and Human Services, Education, and Transportation. Spend a day with the Orange City Fire Department and the Orange Police Department! Participate in a mock City Council meeting and learn about the Orange Unified School District. Eight sessions are filled with information and hands-on activities. You get the opportunity to see behind-the-scenes of what makes our city so great!
Leadership Orange is an 8 session program, spread over a period of four months.
- Educate participants about a wide range of community needs and issues.
- Provide training in leadership and management skills.
- Prepare class members to take an active, informed role in community-oriented, decision-making positions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the time commitment?
Leadership Orange consists of eight (8) all-day sessions over a three-month period. While we ask that participants attend all sessions, we recognize that conflicts may arise. There may be an opportunity to make up the time at another point during the year. Participants can only miss a total of two (2) classes.
CLASS OF 2024 SCHEDULE
Day 1 February 21
Day 2 March 6
Day 3 March 27
Day 4 April 10
Day 5 April 24
Day 5 May 8
Day 6 May 22
Day 7 June 12
Day 8 June 26
How many participants are accepted into each class?
Leadership Orange will accept 15-20 participants for the Spring 2024 class. Applications will be evaluated by the steering committee.
Is there a program fee? What does it cover?
Yes. There is a program fee of $800 to participate in the Leadership Orange program. This fee covers eight full-day sessions at exclusive locations throughout the City of Orange, all guest speakers, class materials, and breakfast and lunch for each day.
Can I pay by check?
Absolutely. After we receive and review your application, you will be notified of your participation. At that point, you will be asked to submit payment. Please make your checks payable to the "Orange Chamber of Commerce".
Are there any notable graduates of Leadership Orange?
Yes! Leadership Orange graduates work in virtually every sector and are involved in a variety of activities, and include the individuals listed below. View the full list.
- Mayor Dan Slater, Class of 1994
- Former Mayor James Beam, Class of 1992
- Former Mayor Carolyn Cavecche, Class of 1994
- Councilmember Jon Dumitru, Class of 2002
- Yorba Linda Mayor Gene Hernandez, Class of 1996
- Retired Police Chief/ City Manager Tom Kisela,Class of 2009
- Former Orange Unified School District Trustee Kathy Moffat, Class of 1997
- Former City Councilmember Chip Monaco, Class of 2007
- Former Mayor Pro Tem Kimberlee Nichols,Class of 2001
- Carrie Hummel,Citizen of the Year 2003, Class of 2000
- Brian Rauso, Greek Cheek Beer Co., Class of 2007
- Doug Willits, Seven Gables Real Estate, Class of 2010
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.