Per the State of California, a Limited Stay at Home Order has been issued by the California Department of Public Health. Non-essential work and gatherings must stop from 10 pm - 5 am in counties in the Purple Tier, which includes Orange County. This will take effect at 10 pm on Saturday and remain in effect until December 21, 2020.
To read the full release, click here.
RESTAURANT- OUTDOOR DINING GRANT PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Program Launches 11/20/2020
The County of Orange will accept online (site under construction) applications for its new " Restaurant Outdoor Dining Grant Fund" on Friday November 20, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. and will be available to those that qualify on a first come basis.
With $1 million dollars in CARES funding, the County will make available $1,000 grants to 1,000 restaurants.
The funds can only be used to purchase outdoor Tents/Canopies, Heaters/Warmers and Lighting. Purchases must be made between November 16 through December 23.
1. Restaurant must be located in Orange County and have been impacted by Covid-19.
2. Business must have been operational on or before March 9, 2020.
3. Grant may only be used to purchase outdoor heaters/warmers, lighting, and canopies/tents.
4. Restaurant must be in good standing with the Orange County Health Care Agency and currently open for business.
5. Restaurant must provide a valid health permit issued by Orange County Environmental Health.
6. Must commit to spending the full $1,000 by 12/23/2020.
7. Must commit to submitting receipts equal to the full $1,000 grant award to the County through an online portal by 12/30/2020.
Required Documentation; Applicants need to download, complete and upload these documents with their application submittal:
1. Business Owner’s Valid Government Photo ID
2. Restaurant’s valid health permit issued by Orange County Environmental Health
3. W9 (will be provided at time of submittal)
4. Grant Agreement (will be provided at time of submittal)
Call or email the Economic and Business Recovery Call Center 714-480-6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Orange County Community Service Department
Mon-Fri 8AM to 5PM
Call center for businesses impacted by the current COVID-19 crisis. Bilingual operators will be also available.The Economic & Business Recovery Call Center will offer information and resources to help Orange County businesses with information about available loans, utility reduction programs, and community resources mapping.
Local district office located in Santa Ana, CA. Office's intent is to Inform, Educate, and Connect Businesses. Helps with the resources businesses need to start, grow and succeed.
For more information, visit www.sba.gov.
Small Business Resources:
- U.S. Chamber Small Business Checklist and Small Business Guide
- Resources to Help Your Small Business Survive
- COVID-19 Resources for Employers and Workers
- U.S. Chamber Coronavirus Resource Website
- U.S. Chamber Disaster Help Desk
- U.S. Chamber Guide to the Employee Retention Tax Credit
- I.R.S. COVID-19 New Employer Tax Credits Guide
- Emergency Loan Guide